5 “Easy On The Wallet” Ways To Upgrade
We all have our eyes set on the next big upgrade we want to make in our home, but not all upgrades fit within our current budget. Whether you’re just looking to spruce things up a bit or prepping for a much bigger renovation in the future, these 5 tips can help you get started without breaking the bank.
- Paint – Paint is a great, budget-friendly, way to spruce up any room in the home. Pick a vibrant, standout, color to go on the front door, Stick to a lighter hue to maximize natural light in the living room, or give a room a pop with a dark accent. Anything you decide to paint will give you that something new feeling when it’s done.
- Lighting – There are plenty of great looking lighting options that won’t make you cringe when you look at the price tag. While you are changing the lights, go ahead and replace the outlet covers and switch plates. The details matter.
- Kitchen and Bathroom updates – putting in a new sink with matching hardware can modernize the look of any kitchen.
- Window Treatments – Not do window treatments make any room look 10 times better, they provide energy efficiency when it comes to keeping the heat in or out.
- Efficiency Upgrades – Replacing old incandescent light bulbs and putting in a new smart thermostat is a great way to reduce energy costs.
These updates are quick and easy for almost any homeowner and can be done even when you are saving up for a bigger renovation or remodel around the house.